Thursday, January 29, 2015

January in Jerusalem

Hi all!

It's been a busy January in Jerusalem.  I returned to the city after a refreshing vacation at home, where I got to see so many amazing and kind family and friends.

When I got back to Jerusalem, I was greeted by our version of a snowstorm:

A mid-snow under-bridge party (??)

Me + some Jewish snowmen - the man on my left is wearing a streimel, or a fur hat favored by some Chasidic Jews on holidays


Trying to catch a snowflake on my balcony


Snowy view from my window


The aftermath (an umbrella, a palm frond, snow)


And eventually, bluer skies and warmer days

This semester is starting off with lots of excitement - a new class (the Arab-Israeli conflict), new plans for studying, preparing for my D'var Torah which I will give in February... wish me lots of luck!

Love always,
xoSF

No comments:

Post a Comment